How do I get the repair process started?
- Contact your insurance company
- If Riegel Body shop is a "preferred shop" then you can bring it directly to us.
- If Riegel Body Shop is not a preferred shop with your insurance company remember you have the right to choose where you take your car to be repaired.
- Your insurance company will tell you their particular procedure for getting a damage estimate.
I was told my car was totaled.
What does that mean?
- First in its simplest form it just means that the repairs cost more than 75% of the value of the car. Wyoming regulations deem a vehicle a total loss when the cost of repairs reaches 75% of its value. If you’re insured outside of Wyoming check your local statutes.
- If you release the vehicle to the insurance company they will pay you full value of your vehicle less your deductible if it applies.
- You also have a second option and that is you may retain your vehicle. You will be paid less than full value and retain ownership of your vehicle. If this is something you are thinking of doing ask the insurance company involved what there policies are.